Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Centerboard Fun Day
Saturday, June 23, 2018, 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM
We will be holding a Centerboard Fun day on June 23rd. This will be an opportunity for potential fleet members and existing fleet members to come out and learn a little about racing in a no stress, fun environment. It will go something like this…
- 9:00am to 10:30am
- We will start at 9:00am with a Racing 101 course. This will be a high level course to give you the basics about racing, how to start, some sail trim information and general seamanship. This should help you get started on the right tack.
- 10:30am launch your boat
- 11:30am drills and practice races
- Here is an opportunity to get on the water and try out what we just covered in the Racing 101 course. We will do some boat handling drills, practice starts and then run short practice races
- We will be off the water about 3:00pm
- 4:30pm happy hour at the Tiki Hut
- 5:30pm Brats and Dogs on the grill
Everyone is welcome to attend. This will be a fun, low pressure introduction to racing and the Centerboard fleet. Any centerboard boat is welcome including Sunfish, Laser, Flying Scots, Highlanders, Lightnings, Buccaneer, Weta Trimarans, MC Scow, Force Fives…any Centerboard boat is welcome.
You will need to register to help us plan on the correct amount of food and drink. Go to the WCSC web site and go to the Centerboard fleet page. Click on the 'Register Now' button or email the Centerboard Fleet captain Eric Seymour at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no cost or charge, but you do need to register by clicking on the 'Register Now' button.
Centerboard fun. We got it, you want it, come out and get it.