The Western Carolina Sailing Club is always interested in individuals of a high caliber who are thinking about becoming a part of an organization that promotes sailing, sail boat racing, and social functions with other sailors. The members of our organization participate in the management and operation of the Club and activities. Some of the benefits of being a WCSC member are:
- Increase your knowledge and boat handling abilities;
- Access to the Club facilities;
- Eligibility to participate in Club sponsored races and regattas;
- Club social events;
- Use of the club’s boat storage areas so that you can leave your boat at the club if you wish. Depending on the type of storage, there are storage chairmen who consider your needs when assigning suitable spaces.
WCSC is a family Club and we have sailing and social activities everyone can enjoy and participate in.
Watch this video and this video to see our facilities, club and location on Lake Hartwell. We also support the Hospice of the Upstate by hosting an annual regatta and all money raised is donated on behalf of WCSC. You can check out a video of the 2019 event here.
To apply for membership to Western Carolina Sailing Club, please follow the following steps.
1. Submit your application by filling out the online form here.
2. After your form is submitted, the WCSC Membership Chairman will contact you to discuss the next step and additional information needed.
3. Some of the additional information needed will be the Lease, Insurance and Equipment document located here. You can download and review the information that will be needed to complete your membership process.
If you have questions or are not sure what to do, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call Spencer Mathews who can be reached at (864) 216-5968.