Dry Storage Information Page
03/13/19 - We need a volunteer to lead a project for the dinghy racks - analyze, propose, and implement.
Dry Storage Rules and Regulations
WCSC Rules & Regulations, pages 18 and 19
Procedure for Requesting Dry Storage
This applies to boats being brought to the club, boats relocated from slips to new dry storage assignment, trailer storage for boats in slips, cradles, popup campers, golf carts, all water craft stored in racks, any other member-owned equipment on dry land and is stored for more than two consecutive weeks. Boats that are in disrepair should apply to the Work Area (Work Area Space Application) before requesting dry storage. Dry storage is for actively sailed boats.
- Complete request forms (Insurance & Equipment Storage Forms) and forward to Assistant Treasurer with cc to Dry Storage Chairman and Rear Commodore.
- Advise Dry Storage Chairman if you prefer a particular space.
- Allow 2 weeks for WCSC stickers and for assignment to a dry storage space.
- Place WCSC stickers so as to be easily visible as-stored. (not under boat covers, not at stern).
- Use temporary storage area above the garage until you are assigned a space by the Dry Storage Chairman.
- Assignments or re-assignments are made at the sole discretion of the Dry Storage Chairman or proxy and are subject to change.
What CAN Be Stored
- Boats on trailer or on dolly
- Trailers for boats in slips
- Cradles and stands
- Pop-up campers
- Golf carts
- Storage boxes
What CANNOT Be Stored
- Boats or other water craft may not be stored directly on the ground except at Hobie beach.
- No fuel containers allowed on the ground.
- No boat trailer can be stored without an associated boat at the club
- No trailers for horses, bikes, powerboats, jet skis or other non-sailing related equipment.
- RVs and campers (other than pop-ups) may not be stored, but are encouraged to be brought to the club when camping.
- No powerboats or craft are allowed overnight unless supporting a club event.
With a few exceptions, storage fees generally apply to anything that has a "footprint" in dry storage areas. Please do not store items so as to be damaged by or interfere with grounds maintenance.
Inspection is generally made a month prior to the Army Corps of Engineers visit each spring and a month before the Hospice Regatta to look our best for these events.
Contact the Dry Storage Chairman to make any corrections or updates:
Inspection Date: Example
Tarp torn, holding water
Updated 04/07/19 LMB